Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New Start, New Year

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I trust that everone had a good Christmas.


    STF are going to be back with a vengeance next year. I'm going to get me head down and get some serious writing done, and the group as a whole will go back to work in the summer with our first feature, "10 Colwyn Road".

    This film will be kept fairly simple, using only those people who we can rely on and haven't let us down in the past. Locations will be kept to a minimum, and most people will be playing themselves from a semi-improvised script.

    More information as it unfolds.

    Happy New Year From All At STF

  2. #2
    Inactive Member richardmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Your home pages says Spare time films are over. Im confused. Are you going to still going or not?

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Depends what day of the week you ask me. Some days I want to, some days I don't.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member richardmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd say keep going, amateurs are the future of this industry and even if you dont make it at least you have a very interesting hobbie.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, but man, you didn't see all the fuckin' work and frustration that I personally had to deal with singlehandedly trying to produce a movie.

    I like directing. I hate producing. Find me a producer or a co-producer and I'll be in there like fucking gangbusters.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]redface.gif[/img] double post

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 22, 2004 04:52 AM: Message edited by: Kev O. ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The banner for STF "No budget? No problem!" is bullshit basically.

    You want a producer or co-producer that's gonna let you just concentrate on the directing side? You need a budget.

    Even then, in low-budget productions the director tends to get dragged into some kind of producing duties at some point!

    The biggest problem with shorts is getting them seen. Even if you raised say ?10k, made a ten minute short, the only thing people seem arsed about is whether it's on film or not! Plus the fact that there is no market for shorts in this country (and barely a feature film industry) try getting people to take you short seriously... oh, and good luck!

    I think Philip is doing the right thing, because before even bothering to type the first word of a script, you must think about what you want to get out of it! Eventually the hard work becomes pointless if your only audience continues to be your mum and your mates from the pub.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Believe me, if I had ?10K, I'd be making a feature, not a short.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •